New Delhi, November 9: On Tuesday many Indian’s spent their cashless night near ATM centers after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that Rupees note with 500 and 1000 denominations will no longer be a legal tender, triggering panic across the nation. People across the nation flocked to their nearest ATMs, which later ran out of Rs 100 notes. As the Narendra Modi government made an announcement that the ATMs will be closed for next two days – November 9 and November 10 – but bank will start operating from November 10 when people will be given new currency of Rs 500 and Rs 1000.
On the other side government has started taking measures to replace their old notes with the new one and the banks had also pulled up their socks. Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank today announced 10 customer friendly measures for the new currency regime. Here are the 10 measures taken by the bank.
1. ICICI Bank’s branch timings will be extended by two hours on November 10 and 11, 2016.
2. Branches in prominent locations shall be open from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM on November 10 and 11, 2016.
3. All our branches will be open on Saturday, November 12, 2016 and Sunday, November 13, 2016 as well. If required we will also keep our branches open on the forthcoming Saturday, November 19, 2016.
4. The bank will equip its branches with additional cash counters to manage heightened footfall of customers.
5. We are providing our branches with the new notes of Rs. 2000/- and the existing notes of Rs. 100/- denomination and of lower value. These will be available at our main branches from November 10, 2016.
6. All charges pertaining to cash deposit in our Savings Accounts across all branches will be waived w.e.f. November 10, 2016 till November 30, 2016.
7. Charges related to transactions at ICICI Bank ATMs by ICICI Bank customers will be waived till December 31, 2016.
8. We have doubled the daily usage limit of debit cards for use at Point-of-sale (POS) as well as online transactions.
9. We have offered our credit worthy customers an additional credit limit of 20% on credit cards.
10. We are communicating to our customers and informing them of the new guidelines as well as the steps being taken by the bank in this regard. We are also emphasising to customers on the benefits of cashless transactions through debit and credit cards, as well as our electronic channels of internet & mobile banking and Pockets, our digital wallet.