By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.
Bank Holidays July 2022: Banks To Remain Shut For 16 Days In July. Check List Here
Bank Holidays July 2022: Banks will remain closed for over half a month, including seven holidays on Saturdays and Sundays in July 2022.
New Delhi: Banks will remain closed for over half a month, including seven holidays on Saturdays and Sundays in July 2022. The bank holidays are decided by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under four categories – Negotiable Instruments Act, Holidays, Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks’ Closing of accounts. Apart from the national holidays, there are some state-wise holidays which consist of all Sundays along with the second and fourth Saturdays.
As per RBI’s calendar for July, banks will be allowed to remain closed owing to different reasons. On these bank holidays, all branches of public, private, foreign, co-operative and regional banks remain shut. Bank holidays are regional and may differ in different states and different lenders. Several bank holidays are decided on region-specific occasions and state-specific festivals.
You may like to read
Here’s the full list of bank holidays for July 2022:
- July 1 (Friday): Ratha Yatra (Odisha)
- July 6 (Wednesday): MHIP Day (Mizoram)
- July 5 (Tuesday): Guru Hargobind Ji’s Birthday (Jammu & Kashmir)
- July 7 (Thursday): Kharchi Puja (Tripura)
- July 9 (Saturday): Id-Ul-Ad’ha (Bakrid)/ Second Saturday
- July 11 (Monday): Eid-ul-Azha (Jammu and Kashmir)
- July 13 (Wednesday): Bhanu Jayanti (Sikkim)
- July 14 (Thursday): Ben Dienkhlam (Meghalaya)
- July 16 (Saturday): Harela (Uttarakhand)
- July 23 (Saturday): Fourth Saturday
- July 26 (Tuesday): Ker Puja (Tripura)
- Sundays: July 3, July 10, July 17, July 24 and July 31
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.