New Delhi: In this digital era, PAN card is a must for everyone. Starting from filing of Income Tax Return to official purpose, PAN is being used as a crucial document. Keeping these things in mind, growing number of people are now applying for the Permanent Account Number (PAN) for their financial matters. Hence the Income Tax department has initiated a facility for ‘instant’ Aadhaar-based PAN allotment service.Also Read - Income Tax Return: Now Taxpayers Can File ITR From Home Using New Tax e-filing Portal | Step-by-step Guide Here
This facility from the I-T department is for individuals seeking to obtain the unique identity for the first time. The hassle free facility from the government gets a PAN Card allotted to you in just a few minutes using just a few clicks. Also Read - PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Farmers Must Link Their Account With Aadhaar to Get 10th Installment | Here’s How to do it
While Aadhaar is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to a resident of India, PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the I-T department to a person, firm or entity. Also Read - Aadhaar Card Update: Users Can Change Phone Number, Address, Date Of Birth With These Simple Steps Online
Follow these steps:
- First you will have to log on to official website/l https://www.Incometaxindiaefiling.Gov.In.
- On the left hand side of the home page, you need to click on “Quick Links”
- just below the tab, you will find an option “Instant e-PAN”
- You will need to click on that option
- And then click on “Apply instant e-PAN” tab
- After this, you will see a form for applying instant e-PAN
- You need to fill in all the details which should match your Aadhaar document and click the submit button
- Soon after this, a fresh PAN will be allotted on the basis of a one time password (OTP) sent over the “active mobile number” linked with the valid Aadhaar number of a person.
- The new PAN card will have records of your name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and address.
- Once the PAN is allotted, you will receive the PAN card by post within some days.