Top Recommended Stories
e-SHRAM Card, e-SHRAM Portal For Unorganized Workers: Check Benefits, Registration Details
e-SHRAM Card, e-SHRAM Portal: e-SHRAM card will give a new identity to crores of Unorganized Workers of the Nation, Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) said.
New Delhi: The e-SHRAM portal – eshram.gov.in – has been launched by the central government today. Apart from this, an e-SHRAM card will also be issued. Both e-SHRAM portal and e-SHRAM card will benefit unorganized workers across India, said the Centre.
What is e-SHRAM portal?
- “e-SHRAM Portal-National Database of Unorganized Workers, will facilitate better implementation of various Social Security Schemes for the welfare of all Unorganized Workers of the country,” EPFO said.
- Union Minister for Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav launched the logo of the e-SHRAM portal.
- Through the e-SHRAM portal, the central government is aiming to register 38 crore unorganised workers such as construction labourers, migrant workforce, street vendors, and domestic workers, among others.
- Following the launch of the portal, the workers from the unorganised sector can begin their registration from the same day, the Union Minister for Labour and Employment said.
- Meanwhile, a national toll free number 14434 will also be launched to assist and address the queries of the workers seeking registration on the portal, as per a PTI report.
- A worker can register using his/her Aadhaar card number and bank account details, apart from filling other necessary details like date of birth, home town, mobile number, and social category, PTI report says.
What is e-SHRAM card?
- e-SHRAM card will give a new identity to crores of Unorganized Workers of the Nation, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) said.
- “The e-SHRAM card will be valid across the country,” EPFO said.
- The workers will be issued an e-SHRAM card containing a 12-digit unique number, PTI reported.
- The objective behind the move is integration of social security schemes of the government, the PTI report says.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.