The Swedish furniture maker IKEA today launched its first Indian outlet in Hyderabad. The world’s largest furniture maker plans to capture the Indian market with its affordable and ready-to-assemble furniture. It is a huge 13-acre store located in Hitec City on the outskirts of Hyderabad.Also Read - IKEA to Launch First City Store in Mumbai Soon. Check Location, Services & Opening Date
Here are 7 things to know about world-famous IKEA stores Also Read - Bizarre Fashion Trend! Wearable Quilt That Transforms Into Pillow, Netizens Can’t Stop Laughing
1) IKEA is famous world over for its ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories. The world’s largest furniture retailer expects as many as 6 million visitors a year. Also Read - With Rs 55 Million Investment, Ikea Plans to Open First Shopping Mall in India at Noida
2) It was founded in Sweden in 1943 by then-17-year-old Ingvar Kamprad, who has been featured as ten richest people in the world by Forbes.
3) The company’s name is an acronym- Ingvar Kamprad (name of founder), Elmtaryd (the farm where he grew up), and Agunnaryd (his hometown in southern Sweden).
4) IKEA has its own restaurant all over the world. They are known to serve traditional food suiting the taste and culture of the society. For example: In Indonesia, its famous Swedish Meatballs recipe was changed to meet the Halal requirements.
5) Its first store in India in Hyderabad store has a 1,000-seater restaurant, and the menu will consist of vegetarian options, including biryani for Rs 99 a plate, chicken and vegetarian meatballs, for Rs 129, replacing the traditional Swedish meatballs made with beef and pork. The menu also includes local food flavour such as samosa.
6) The Hyderabad store will have 7,500 products out of which 1,000 products will seek for less than Rs 200 a piece.
7) IKEA’s earlier launch date was July 19 but the company pushed it further as it needed some more time to live up to its expected quality commitments towards customers and co-workers.