International Travel Update: For those waiting to visit the UAE for a long time amid extended travel restrictions, here’s some good news. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has decided to offer tourist visas to Indian passport holders who have not been to the country in the last 14 days, reported news agency PTI, quoting local media reports. Along with India, the facility will also be extended to citizens of Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Uganda.Also Read - ‘No Choice’: China Firm on Imposing Travel Curbs as Indian Students Protest Outside Chinese Embassy
The development comes as the UAE is looking to slowly ease travel restrictions imposed on citizens of various nations. As per the new guidelines, all flyers will be required to undergo an RT-PCR test on the day of arrival and nine days after that as well. Presently, only its citizens and transit passengers are allowed to fly to the UAE. Also Read - International Flights: Air India Resumes Flight Services to Canada, Vancouver | Check Full Schedule Here
Here are the latest guidelines issued by UAE for passengers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Uganda:
Also Read - China Defends Visa Curbs Against Stranded Indians, Says 'Appropriate' to Combat COVID-19
- The UAE on Saturday said that Indian passengers can now take a rapid PCR test six hours before their departure instead of four hours. The UAE has made this test mandatory for passengers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Uganda.
- The UAE has also resumed visa on arrival for only those Indians nationals who have a visa or residence permit issued by the USA, UK or an EU Member State.
- For passengers arriving at Abu Dhabi (AUH) and Ras al-Khaimah Airports (RKT), 10 days home quarantine upon arrival in RKT and 12 days home/institutional quarantine in AUH is mandatory.
- Further, passengers would be required to wear a medically approved wristband, provided by the authorities at the airport after clearing immigration.
- Passengers are mandated to download and register on the Alhosn app, using the UID and phone number.