Jan Dhan Account Opening: List Of Private Banks That Allow Opening Account, Benefits, Other Details Here
PM Jan Dhan Yojana: More than 38 crore Jan Dhan accounts have been opened since the scheme was launched in 2014 by PM Narendra Modi.
New Delhi: PM Jan Dhan Yojana has been one of the most important schemes launched by the Government of India. It offers direct-benefit-transfer (DBT) to crores of people in the country. More than 38 crore Jan Dhan accounts have been opened since the scheme was launched in 2014 by PM Narendra Modi, according to Zee Business.
- Satish Kaushik's Wife Responds to PM Narendra Modi's Emotional Letter: 'Your Words Give us Strength'
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: When Will Farmers Get 14th Installment? Check Beneficiary Status Here
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Here’s How Farmers Can Register Complaint Online If Not Received 13th Installment
Many private banks in the country allow opening a Jan Dhan Account in their branches. According to RBI rules, if any person does not have important documents, they can still open a Jan Dhan Account with less deposit and withdrawal limit.
You may like to read
List Of Private Banks That Allow Opening Jan Dhan Account
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Yes Bank
- Federal Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
Jan Dhan Account Benefits
Following are the benefits of opening a Jan Dhan Account:
- Jan Dhan Account holders get accidental insurance coverage of up to 2 lakhs.
- Jan Dhan Account withdrawal limit: The withdrawal limit under PMJDY is Rs 10,000 per month.
- Jan Dhan Account Limit: Account Holders can deposit a maximum of Rs 1,00,000 in the account, under the scheme.
- The banks allow free mobile banking facilities. Account-holders can check their Jan Dhan Account Balance easily.
- Jan Dhan Account ATM Card: The accountholders also get a Rupay debit card, with an overdraft facility of up to Rs 10,000.
- Jan Dhan Account holders are eligible to apply for Direct Benefit Schemes like PM KISAN and Shram Yogi Mandhan scheme.
- Women account holders get a direct transfer of LPG subsidy and refill charges under Ujjwala Yojana in their Jan Dhan Accounts.
- Account-holders also get a life insurance cover of Rs 30,000. It will be given to the nominee in case of the death of the account holder.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.