The holiday season is about to start. You must be busy booking tickets for the upcoming vacation. But do you know according to IRCTC e-ticket rules you can book a maximum of only 6 tickets in a month. But don’t worry as there is a way out, provided you are ready to share your Aadhaar number with IRCTC. In order to incentivise people to link Aadhaar number with their IRCTC account, it is now allowed to book 12 tickets if users get themselves verified through their Aadhaar number.
Besides linking your own account you also need to select at least one Aadhaar verified passenger from the master list and add to the passenger list while booking ticket. In case you do not have Aadhaar verified passenger in the master list then you will not be eligible for 12 bookings in a month.
To help you linking your Aadhaar with IRCTC here is a detailed step-by-step procedure.
1. Visit www.irctc.co.in and login with your details.
2. Go to “My Profile” menu and click on “Aadhaar KYC”.
3. Key in your Aadhaar Number and click on send OTP button.
4. Your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar in order to get OTP. If the mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar then you will not be able to complete the transaction.
5. As soon as you get the OTP details click on verify button.
6. Finally, click on submit button for verifying KYC details.
How to add a passenger with Aadhaar number
1. Go to “My Profile” menu and click on “Master List”
2. Fill in passenger details such as the name, date of birth, gender and Aadhaar number.
3. Verify Aadhaar details by clicking on “Submit” button
4. Unlike in your case, no OTP will be sent for passenger Aadhaar verification. Master list will show the verification status as “Pending”
5. Go to “Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status” option
6. Successful verification status will show “Verified”