Top Recommended Stories
Mahashivratri 2022: Banks In Which States Will Remain Closed Tomorrow? Check List Here
Mahashivrati 2022: Banks in various states will remain closed tomorrow. It is celebrated to honour Lord Shiva and his wife Goddess Parvati. Mahashivratri is celebrated as the night of their marriage.
New Delhi: On the occasion of Mahashivratri 2022 in India, banks across various states will remain closed. Unlike the national holidays, when banks across the country stay closed, on occasions like mahashivratri, only a few states declare holiday for the banks.
- Bank Holidays Novermber 2022: Banks To Be Shut This Week On Guru Nanak Jayanti, 3 Others. Check Details Here
- Bank Holidays For Diwali, Dhanteras: Bank To Remain Closed For 6 Days From Tomorrow; Details Here
- Another Freak Incident: Man Playing Lord Shiva Collapses While Performing on Stage During Aarti
Maha Shivratri Significance: Mahashivratri holds significance in the Hindu culture. It is celebrated to honour Lord Shiva and his wife Goddess Parvati. Mahashivratri is celebrated as the night of their marriage.
Banks In Which States Will Remain Closed On Mahashivratri 2022?
- Maharashtra: The state has declared a state holiday on March 1, 2022. The festival holds a special significance in Maharashtra.
- Tamil Nadu: The state observes the day with celebrations. According to a report by News18, devotees of Lord Shiva walk 14 km barefoot to the Annamalaiyar Temple on this day. The banks in Tamil Nadu will also remain closed tomorrow.
- Andhra Pradesh: In AP, various rallies are held across the states, according to the report, to observe the day. The banks will remain closed in this state too.
- Telangana: In Telangana too, just like Andhra Pradesh, rallies are held.
- Himachal Pradesh: In Mandi, the famous Mandi Fair is held on the occasion of Mahashivratri. The banks across the state are closed on this day.
- Punjab: The banks in Punjab will be closed tomorrow. Various Shobha Yatras are organised in the state on this day, according to News18.
- Gujarat: In this state, people believe that Lord Shiva comes to take a bath in the Mrugi Kund. Thus the banks will be closed in this state too.
- Except for the above-mentioned states, the banks will remain closed in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Karnataka and some districts of Madhya Pradesh.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.