Mumbai, October 31: Indian Railways has announced a new timetable for 500 long distance trains and local trains on Central Railway with effect from November 1, 2017. The new timetable is believed to reduce the travel time of over 500 long distance by up to three hours and facilitate hassle-free journey for commuters in Mumbai local trains. With the implementation of the new timetable starting Nov 1, the running time of popular trains will reduce by 15 minutes to two hours. Indian Railways aims to speed up trains in the new timetable applicable from Wednesday. As per reports, the Indian Railways has announced 6 new trains under the Tejas, Humsafar and Antyodaya services in the new November timetable. According to Zee News, as many as sixty-five trains under Northern Railway will run faster as Railways plans to reduce the time of halt of trains at railway stations.
With track and infrastructure upgrade, automatic signalling and the new Linke-Hofmann-Busch coaches that allow a 130 kmph top speed, trains are expected to run faster and reduce travel time for passengers. Under the new timetable, the Tejas will run six days a week between New Delhi and Chandigarh while there will be a weekly Humsafar express between Sealdah and Jammu Tawi. A tri-weekly Humsafar express will start between Allahabad and Anand Vihar and a weekly Antyodaya express will run on routes between Bilaspur-Ferozepur and Darbhanga- Jalandhar.
In the new timetable virtually every rail zone has trains which have been speeded up. 51 express and 36 passenger trains running under the Southern Railway have been speeded up while in East Coast Railway (ECoR) 37 express and 19 local passenger trains will run faster. After the new timetable comes into effect on November 1, trains including Bhopal-Jodhpur Express will reach 95 minutes early while the Guwahati-Indore Special will complete its 2,330-km journey 115 minutes early and the 1929-km journey of the Ghazipur-Bandra Terminus Express will be completed 95 minutes earlier, the report said.
Long Distance Trains
For the fiscal year FY18, the government in its Union Budget 2017 announced to spent over Rs 50,000 crore on rail safety out of total outlay of Rs 1.31 lakh crore. The railways have also reworked the timings of trains to ensure that passengers get maximum time in the city they are visiting. For this, in the Northern Railway 23 trains have been rescheduled for early departure, while the time of 13 trains for departure has been delayed. Similarly, the arrival of 18 trains has been pushed forward, while the arrival time for five trains has been delayed.
Central Railway Time-Table renewed:
The Central Railway will introduce 18 additional train services in its new mainline suburban timetable starting November 1, 2017. With this, the total services on the main line will increase from 838 to 856 daily. According to reports, 25 new services will be introduced from November 1 while 7 existing services will be cancelled for enhancement of corridor block.
With this, the net increase of services 18 while the total suburban services will increase from 1688 to 1706. Reports state that out of these 100 services, thirty-two new services will be introduced on Western Railway while sixty-eight services will be introduced on Central Railway. 17 services have been introduced from October 1, 2017 on Western Railway in ‘up’ direction and 15 services will be introduced in ‘down’ direction from October 1, 2017.
Take a look at the renewed timetable of Central Railways w.e.f. November 1, 2017
New UP services:
- DTL-2 Titwala Dep. 0810 hrs Dadar Arr. 0937 hrs (3 extra coaches for ladies)
- DBL-2 Badlapur Dep. 0845 hrs Dadar Arr.0955 hrs (3 extra coaches for ladies)
- SKP-2 Khopoli Dep. 0510 hrs Karjat Arr. 0535 hrs
- S-40 Karjat Dep. 1756 hrs CSMT Arr. 1952 hrs
- DK-12 Kalyan Dep. 1045 hrs Dadar Arr. 1154 hrs
- DK-14 Kalyan Dep. 1117 hrs Dadar Arr. 1228 hrs
- TK-12 Kalyan Dep. 1638 hrs Thane Arr. 1711 hrs
- TK-14 Kalyan Dep. 1810 hrs Thane Arr. 1841 hrs
- DL-24 Dombivali Dep. 1332 hrs CSMT Arr. 1451 hrs
- DDL-4 Dombivali Dep. 1348 hrs Dadar Arr. 1449 hrs
- DL-28 Dombivali Dep. 1458 hrs CSMT Arr. 1617 hrs
- TAN-6 Asangaon Dep. 2308 hrs Thane Arr. 0015 hrs
New DOWN services:
- CTL-5 Vidyavihar Dep. 0647 hrs Titwala Arr. 0759 hrs
- K-29 CSMT Dep. 0905 hrs Kalyan Arr. 1034 hrs
- DK-5 Dadar Dep. 10.09 hrs Kalyan Arr. 1110 hrs
- DK-15 Dadar Dep. 1500 hrs Kalyan Arr. 1609 hrs
- CK-21 Vidyavihar Dep. 1730 hrs Kalyan Arr. 1830 hrs
- CK-25 Vidyavihar Dep. 1815 hrs Kalyan Arr. 1912 hrs
- TK-5 Thane Dep. 1725 hrs Kalyan Arr 1758 hrs
- DDL-1 Dadar Dep. 1220 hrs Dombivali Arr. 1322 hrs
- DDL-3 Dadar Dep. 1237 hrs Dombivali Arr. 1339 hrs
- DDL-5 Dadar Dep. 1343 hrs Dombivali Arr. 1445 hrs
- C-1 CSMT Dep. 0031 hrs Kurla Arr. 0100 hrs
- C-25 CSMT Dep. 1108 hrs Kurla Arr. 1136 hrs
- DDL-3 Dadar Dep. 2318 hrs Badlapur Arr. 0048 hrs
- CA-1 Kurla Dep. 0444 hrs Ambarnath Arr. 0556 hrs
- A-11 CSMT Dep. 0705 hrs Ambarnath Arr. 0820 hrs
- A-64 Ambarnath Dep. 2029 hrs CSMT Arr. 2211 hrs
- TLAN-1 Titwala Dep. 0505 hrs Asangaon Arr. 0526 hrs
- CTL-2 Titwala Dep. 2346 hrs Kurla Arr. 0100 hrs
- KAN-2 Asangaon Dep. 2332 hrs Kalyan Arr. 0006 hrs
- TL-65 CSMT Dep. 2220 hrs Titwala Arr. 0004 hrs
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said that the fresh timetable, which will have specific blocks of maintenance, to be prepared which will improve the speed and safety. He further added saying that track safety is the number one priority for Indian Railways and to achieve this, using the transformative mantra of “Speed, Skill and Scale” the target to eliminate these been expedited from the earlier one of 2019.