New Delhi: The public and private banks of India are shut on public holidays, in addition to being closed on the second and fourth Saturdays.
Here is a list of bank holidays for the month of November 2019 (including Saturdays and Sundays):
1) 03.11.2019 (Sunday ) Public holiday
2) 09.11.2019 (Saturday) Public holiday
3) 10.11.2019 (Sunday) Public holiday/Milad un Nabi
4) 12.11.2019 (Tuesday) Guru Nanak Jayanti
5) 17.11.2019 (Sunday) Public holiday
6) 23.11.2019 (Saturday) Public holiday
7) 24.11.2019 (Sunday) Public holiday
Last month, all the banks were asked to remain closed on 11 days due to festivals and national events starting from Gandhi Jayanti on October 2 to Dussehra and Diwali later in the month. As a result, customers had to adjust their bank-related work according to the dates mentioned on RBI’s holiday list.