Mumbai, July 21: The much-awaited Reliance Jio 4G VoLTE feature phone was unveiled by Mukesh Ambani on Friday at RIL’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). Terming the new JioPhone as ‘India ka smartphone’, Ambani said Jio phone will be available for an effective price of Rs 0. In order to avoid misuse of any kind, a one-time refundable deposit of Rs 1,500 will be collected with every JioPhone. This means that the JioPhone is free with a refundable deposit of Rs. 1,500 (for 3 years). The RIL Chairman said that the 4G network of Reliance Jio would cover 90 per cent of India’s 1.25 billion population by March 2017 and would eventually cover 18,000 cities and 200,000 villages.Also Read - Mukesh Ambani Joins Bezos, Musk in Worlds Exclusive 100 Billion Club | Full List of Billionaires Here
During his address, Mukesh Ambani said that Jio has made India the number 1 data-consuming country in the world and that India has overtaken the United States of America and China in terms of data usage. Giving details about Jio’s reach and its wide popularity, Ambani said that Jio consumers use 125 crore GB of data every month, 165 crore hours of video every month. He claimed that Jio is now the largest mobile video network. Also Read - Adani vs Ambani: Gautam Adani Group to Invest USD 20 Billion in Renewable Energy; Top Points
How to book the new JioPhone 4G VoLTE feature phone:
- The feature phone will be sold on a first come first serve basis. So, anyone who wishes to get their hands on the new JioPhone, one has to pre-book it.
- A customer can also buy the Reliance JioPhone using Reliance Jio’s MyJio app. A user will have an access to MyJio app only if he/she is a Jio user.
- A customer can buy the feature phone by visiting the Jio retailer from August 24.
Dates to remember:
- Testing date: August 15
- Pre-booking date: August 24
- Availability date: On first come first serve basis from September 2017
Reliance JioPhone Plan:
- The JioPhone comes up with unlimited voice, data, and texts. Much to the happiness of customers, Reliance Jio users will have to recharge with a Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan monthly pack of Rs. 153 unlike Rs 309 plan earlier.
- The Rs 153 tariff plan offers users free voice, texts, unlimited data, and free access to Jio apps.
- “Jio Phone TV-Cable” that will allow users to connect their phones with any kind of television sets. For connecting phone to TV, users will have to recharge with Rs. 309 per month pack for large screen”, Ambani said.
Features of the newly launched JioPhone:
- Reliance JioPhone with 4G VoLTE feature phone is ‘Made in India’ and comes with a 2.4-inch QVGA display and an alphanumeric keypad.
- It has a dedicated button for Torchlight and has an expandable SD card slot and 4-way navigation. The new JioPhone features a headphone jack, microphone, speaker, and supports FM Radio.
- The JioPhone will also come with a panic button that is enabled when long-pressing the number 5 and also will be backed with advanced NFC support that will be rolled out to users via OTA software upgrade.
- The phone has an intelligent voice assistant command option that can help users to make calls, use Jio apps, search the web, and more. The 4G VoLTE-enabled JioPhone supports all languages and it comes pre-loaded with Jio apps.
- Other features of the Jio 4G VoLTE feature phone include SOS feature, which can be activated by pressing 5, support for NFC that enables quick payments, and the ability to cast content.
Ambani shared his vision for value creation at Reliance over the next decade and mentioned three key points during his address at the AGM today. Firstly, that India should aspire to become and can certainly become one of the three largest economies in the world. Second, Reliance will aspire to become and will certainly become one among the Top 50 companies in the world and the last bring Reliance’s future value-creation strategy will support tens of thousands of small and medium businesses. Mukesh Ambani said over the next decade, India has the potential to move from a $2.25 trillion economy to a $6 trillion economy. Also Read - Jio Phone Next Launch Delayed: Affordable Smartphone By Reliance, Google May Be Available By This Date