SBI Customers Must Link PAN With Aadhaar Card by March 31 to Avoid Inconvenience | Here’s How
Bank Customer Alert: The SBI said if the customers fail in doing so, they won’t be able to avail seamless banking services.
Bank Customer Alert: In a note of caution, the State Bank of India asked its account holders to link their PAN with their Aadhaar card before March-end to avoid any inconvenience. Giving details, the bank said if the customers fail in doing so, they won’t be able to avail a seamless banking service. Hence, to minimize any difficulty, the SBI customers have been asked to link their PAN with the Aadhaar card by March 31.
“We advise our customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar to minimize any hassle and to continue receiving smooth banking service,” SBI recently tweeted. PANs that have not been seeded with Aadhaar by March 31, 2022 will be declared invalid, according to the lender.
You may like to read
Due to the Covid pandemic, the deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar has been extended several times. The current deadline is 31 March 2022.
Moreover, the Central Board of Direct taxes also highlighted that PAN will become inoperative if not linked with Aadhaar before the deadline.
Minister of state for finance Pankaj Chaudhary had informed the Parliament recently that as of January 24, 2022, over 43.34 crore PANs have been linked with Aadhaar.
Here’s how to link PAN with Aadhaar:
- Visit the income tax department’s website for e-filing.
- Select the Aadhaar Link section.
- Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, and name.
- When you click the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button, your PAN Aadhaar linking will be completed.
- Following the completion of the credentials, the IT department will authenticate your name, date of birth, and gender against Aadhaar records. After then, the connection process will be completed.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.