New Delhi: The domestic equity benchmark BSE Sensex was trading at 41,789 on Friday which is an increase by 115.08 points on account of buying in the frontline bluechip counters, stated a report.
Meanwhile, the Nifty index was trading at 12290.60, up by 30.90 points. Notably, 37 stocks on the broader Nifty were trading in the green, while 12 others were trading in the red on Friday.
During the morning session on Thursday, the PSU banks shares were down by 0.35 per cent down at 2504.05. The shares of other banks which were trading in the negative zone on December 19 are mentioned below:
- Indian Bank – down by 0.95 per cent
- Bank of India – down by 0.63 per cent
- Bank of Baroda – down by 0.61 per cent
- Syndicate Bank – down by 0.53 per cent
- Union Bank of India – down by 0.53 per cent
- Allahabad Bank – down by 0.53 per cent
- Oriental Bank of Commerce – down by 0.38 per cent
- Canara Bank – down by 0.29 per cent
- State Bank of India – down by 0.28 per cent
- J&K Bank – down by 0.17 per cent
- Punjab National Bank – down by 0.16 per cent
Some of the bank shares which are most traded on the NSE includes YES Bank, Vodafone Idea, Tata Motors, SBI, Tata Steel, NMDC, JSPL, SAIL and Bank of Baroda.