New Delhi: Vistara on Friday introduced the Baby-On-Board service which allows extra 7 kg baggage. The additional infant baggage can be carried as hand baggage or check-in baggage or divided among the two, according to the passenger’s convenience, stated the airline.
Mothers who are travelling alone with their infant(s) will enjoy additional service of assistance upon request on arrival for free. This service is part of the Vistara WomenFlyer. For assistance with luggage, the customer can look out for Vistara staff at the baggage claim area holding Vistara WomanFlyer arrival assistance placards. The personnel will also escort the customer up to the taxi upon their request.
Following are some of the terms and conditions put forth by the airline company Vistara:
1) The extra baggage allowance is valid only for the sector on which the infant is booked.
2) The infant must be less than 2 years of age at the date and time of departure and must carry an infant boarding pass.
3) The extra baggage allowance can be claimed for only one accompanying customer and for one infant per sector.
4) The extra infant baggage allowance is not valid, in case the infant is not flying on that PNR or Ticket.
5) The maximum check-in baggage will be the sum of free check-in baggage as per the cabin class booked by the customer, and the 7kg infant baggage allowance, i.e. for an Economy Lite fare, the maximum check-in baggage allowance will be 15kg + 7kg = 22kg.
6) The infant must be booked under the same cabin and fare type as one of the accompanying adults for all segments/sectors of the journey. The baggage allowance will be valid for only that adult, for the entire journey.
Notably, this service is not valid on group bookings and no single piece of baggage weighing over 32 kg would be accepted. Besides, a maximum of 96 kg can be checked-in for one customer (combining all applicable baggage allowances).