Akshay Kumar will be seen in another hotshot movie, something that took everyone by surprise. After wrapping up Toilet – Ek Prem Katha and sharing his first shot with Sonakshi Sinha for wife Twinkle Khanna’s Padman, he has once again announced yet another venture of his. Akshay Kumar will be seen in Mogul which is a biopic and based on the life of music ‘mogul’ Gulshan Kumar. Mogul will go on floors later this year and is slated for a release next year in 2018. Mogul will be the third movie of Akshay Kumar that will release next year along with Twinkle Khanna’s Padman and Reema Kagti’s Gold.
Gulshan Kumar was the owner of one of India’s biggest music companies –T Series before he was killed in a brutal murder. During his lifetime he became a household name with his devotional videos along with singer wife Anuradha Paudwal. He is credited in making the bhajans and devotional songs more accessible to common public. Akshay Kumar will be donning his garb in Mogul. Gulshan Kumar’s murder was sensational news as he was murdered outside a temple in Andheri. Music composer Nadeem of Nadeem-Shravan fame was the main accused. Gulshan Kumar was born Gulshan Dua and was the son of a juice seller from Darya Ganj. He joined the field of music when his family acquired a shop selling records and cheap audio cassettes. He started his own audio cassette operation known as ‘Super Cassette Industries’ and went on to opening a music production company in Delhi. He later moved to Mumbai once his company became profitable. Gulshan Kumar’s story is a typical rags-to-riches story.
Akshay Kumar shared the first look of Mogul on Twitter. Gulshan Kumar’s murder opened a can of worms and brought to fore the nexus of underworld. Nadeem was the main accused for hiring a contract killer to assassinate Gulshan Kumar, but he later absconded to London and the Police failed to prove charges against him. In 2001 a man named Vinod Jagtap confessed to being the murderer.
Check out 5 quick facts about Gulshan Kumar, the Music Baron.
- His real name was Gulshan Kumar Dua. He worked with his father selling fruit juice before embarking on his music production career.
- The first movie in the Aashiqui franchise was produced by Gulshan Kumar. It made the careers of playback singer Kumar Sanu and composers Nadeem-Shravan.
- Before T-Series he had launched a music label called Super Cassettes Industries Ltd.
- Gulshan Kumar was shot dead outside a temple in Andheri, Mumbai on August 12, 1997.
- Music composer Nadeem of Nadeem-Shravan fame was accused of hiring a contract killer for the murder.
Twitterati and moviebuffs have all been excited about this piece of news and couldn’t wait for the film to release.
We can’t wait for this movie to release. The movie is directed by Subhash Kapoor.