Northern Knights after finishing undefeated in qualifying round of Champions League T20 managed to win just one match in group stage while Barbados Tridents are yet to open their account in the CLT20. Both teams now face each other for one last time in CLT20 and will definitely want to leave on a winning note. Both teams have some quality cricketers in their ranks and have ability to turn the tables. Here is a list of top 5 players to watch out for as Tridents take on Knights.
1) Kane Williamson: This right-hand batsman has been in a good form and has a century along with couple of half-centuries under his belt. Much of Northern Knights batting depends on Williamson. Ranked highly in Test cricket Williamson has shown that he can be effective in shorter format as well.
2) Scott Styris: Experienced campaigner Scott Styris comes in as an all-rounder in the Knights team. Styris has a medium pace bowling to offer besides being handy with the bat. So far Styris has not been up to the mark with bat, but the old fellow will love to contribute with bat as well.
3) BJ Watling: Another talented batsman in Knights line-up is wicketkeeper BJ Watling, but he too has misfired. He is very much part of New Zealand Test team and has the experience of international cricket behind him. He might be promoted up the order and thereby can contribute productively.
4) Jonathan Carter: This wicketkeeper batsman almost handed Barbados Tridents their first win in CLT20 2014 with an unbeaten 111 against Cape Cobras, but then the match ended in a tie and Cobras won the one-over eliminator. Before flying back to Caribbean Carter would want to play a match winning innings.
5) Dilshan Munaweera: This Sri Lankan import is an explosive opening batsman and has showed that in patches in CLT20 with a half-century to his name. It is a big stage for this young Sri Lankan and he should look to grab it with both the hands.