Google is shutting down their first social networking site, Orkut today. After it was launched in 2004, Orkut had more 66 million users worldwide. However, after today you will no more be able to sign in to your Orkut account or revive the data. To keep your data safe and save all your photos, scraps and testimonials even after the site is shut down, here are a few steps you have to follow.
Also watch- Orkut’s last days: Bid Goodbye to your first social networking site
1. Type Google Takeouts in Google
2. Sigh with your Orkut credentials
3. Click on ‘Create an Archive’
4. Uncheck ‘Select All’ and only check ‘Orkut’
5. Scroll to the top of the page and click on ‘Create Archive’
You will see a page saying, ‘Download a copy of your data’, below which you will see ‘We are preparing you Archive’. After the process is complete you will get a mail that the archive is ready to downloaded. The process would not take much time, if you stay on the page for 2-3 minutes you can download it immediately.
6. Once the process is complete, click on ‘Download this archive to your computer’
7. You will be then asked for a new password after which you will see a dialogue box with an AlZip file.
8. Click on ‘Ok’ and your archive is downloaded into your computer
Watch the video to see the steps!