The Internet is flooded with the pictures and videos of the engagement party of Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani’s daughter Isha Ambani, who is all set to tie the knot with business tycoon Ajay Piramal’s son Anand Piramal. Anand proposed to Isha in a temple in Mahabaleshwar, following which the couple celebrated the joyous occasion with their family members and other important guests.
The engagement news of Anand and Isha has brought them into the limelight, making people curious to know more about them. Though we all know Isha as the only daughter of Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani, the twin sister of Akash Ambani and the elder sister of Anant Ambani, the 26-year-old is one of the 12 most powerful businesswomen in Asia. She might have the life of a princess, but Isha is one successful Indian businesswoman. One of the fascinating facts about Isha is that she has a net worth of Rs 4710 crore ((US$720 million).
Here’s all you need to know about Isha Ambani:
- Born in 1991, Isha did her schooling from Dhirubhai International school and later graduated from the Yale University. She will be completing her MBA from the Graduate School of Business, Stanford, in June.
- Post graduating, Isha was inducted into the boards of directors of Jio and Reliance Retail in 2014.
- She also worked as a business analyst with the management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company.
- In 2008, the 26-year-old was ranked 2nd on the Forbes’ Youngest Billionaire Heiresses list.
- Isha Ambani was the person behind the creation of Reliance Jio. In 2015, she led the employee launch of Jio’s 4G services along with her brother, Akash Ambani in the presence of the brand’s ambassador, Shah Rukh Khan.
- Adding more to her ventures, Isha launched AJIO, an online fashion retailer, at the 2016 edition of Lakme Fashion Week.
Meanwhile, Isha and Anand’s wedding is likely to take place in December this year. The two have been friends for a long time and their families share a strong bond of friendship for over four decades.