New Delhi, March 25: Mukesh Ambani’s elder son Akash Ambani got engaged to Shloka Mehta, the youngest daughter of billionaire diamond trader Russell Mehta on Saturday, as per media reports. The engagement took place at a small ceremony in Goa in the presence of Mukesh Ambani, Neeta Ambani, his mother Kokilaben and other close family members.
The Ambanis and Mehtas reportedly know each other well. Akash and Shloka had also studied together at Dhirubhai Ambani International School.
About Shloka Mehta – fiance of Akash Ambani
- Shloka is the youngest of three children of Russell Mehta, head of Rosy Blue Diamonds, formerly known as B. Arunkumar & Co., which is now ranked among the top half dozen diamond companies of India.
- After finishing schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School in 2009, she went on to study Anthropology at Princeton University.
- She did her masters in Law at The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- She is the director of Rosy Blue Foundation since July 2014.
- Shloka is also a co-founder of ConnectFor, which matches volunteers with NGOs that need them.
- Apart from that, Shloka is an avid reader and has always been interested in social work.