In a bizarre situation, a drunk man from Amroha district, Uttar Pradesh died after eating a live snake he found on a road. The 40-year-old Mahipal Singh first played with the snake and later ate after being provoked by villagers. According to TOI, the man died four hours later due to poisoning.

Mahipal Singh, who was a daily wage labourer, was heavily drunk when he spotted the snake on a road. He was requested by some villagers to play with the snake as they recorded the entire incident on their phones.

A local told the newspaper, “Singh placed the snake in his mouth. Even before he could realise what was happening, the snake slipped from his hands and made its way down his trachea. He felt sick and began to vomit”.

Watch the bizarre video here:

TOI quoted a UP Police as saying, “We have taken note of the incident and are trying to verify the viral video where the man is seen making mischief with the snake. We are trying to ascertain if he was provoked or not. His family has not approached us so far.”