Summers are here and the temperature is getting past 40 degrees every day with met department predicting that it will get even worse in the coming days. The only place where you can find refuge when outside is your vehicle and its Air Conditioner unit. So here is how you can utilise your AC to its optimum capacity.Also Read - Kerala Rains: Death Toll Rises to 23; PM Modi Discusses Situation With CM Vijayan | 10 Points
1. First and foremost rule is to park your car under shade and use sun blockers to put on your windows. This will prevent excessive heat from entering the car and the AC will easily cool off the car when you drive off. Also Read - Bigg Boss 15: Vishal Kotian is Overshadowing Jay Bhanushali, Says Fans | India.com Twitter Poll
2. If the car is parked out, then leave all your windows opened by an inch to prevent the build up of green house gases inside the cabin. This will save the AC from working too hard to cool the cabin and in turn save the fuel and time. Also Read - IND vs ENG Dream11 Team Prediction, Fantasy Hints T20 World Cup Warm-Up Match: Captain, Vice-Captain – India vs England, Playing 11s For Today’s T20 Match at Dubai International Cricket Stadium 07:30 PM IST October 18, Monday
3. The driver should always point the AC vents directly towards them. One to the head and another to the body. This is similar to point and shoot as the AC blowing straight will take longer to cool you off.
4. If you leave your car out in the open then it is sure to heat up from the inside like sauna room. To speed up the cooling process, just turn on the car’s engine and put the blower on full blast while keeping all the windows open. After driving for a couple of minutes, turn the AC on and pull up the windows.
5. If you are trying to cool your car then never push the accelerator too hard as the coolness of air gets compromised and you will be receiving comparatively hotter air and the mechanicals will have to put up extra work.
6. Last but not the least, keep your car properly serviced so that the AC unit doesn’t start inducing problem in demanding conditions.