In a bid to keep the pace with the increasing rivalry in the scooter space, Honda 2Wheelers India is all set to launch the updated version of its best selling scooter – Activa in India soon. The Japanese two wheeler company unveiled the new generation Activa scooter at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2018. Refered as Activa 5G wherein the suffix 5G implies the fifth generation version of the scooter which will take the legacy further. As other brands like Suzuki, TVS and Piaggio seems to have emerged as a hefty rivals in the space. This newest offering from Honda 2Wheelers is expected to hit the Indian market soon. See More: 2018 Honda CB Shine SP Launched; Price in India starts from INR 62,032 Also Read - HMSI felicitates paralympic athlete Deepa Malik
1. As far as the design is concerned, the new Activa 5G carries very familiar look and design as that of its predecessor. Enhancing its overall appearance, the company has now incorporated new distinctive headlight which is fully LED alongside position lights that is not seen in the segment till date. Also Read - High on confidence after scoring points, Shetty heads to Japan for ARRC
2. The new Honda Activa 5G will be available in 2 new vibrant shades alongside existing 7 tones from the current model. The two new colours are Dazzle Yellow Metallic and Pearl Spartan Red. See Also: Honda Activa 5G: India Launch, Price, Images, Dimensions – 5 Things You Need to Know Also Read - Indian Scout Sixty, Chieftain Dark Horse, Scout Bobber & Others Becomes Cheaper by up to INR 3 Lakh
3. Feature-wise, the new 2018 Honda Activa 5G will be equipped with a semi-digital instrument cluster which will feature a ECO speed indicator along with other details and information for the rider. It will also get a 4-in-1 lock, seat-release button, dedicated pocket for mobile phone and more.
4. In order to enhance the convenience of the rider, the new Activa will also come with a shopping hook upfront and a retractable hook at the rear. The new 2018 Honda Activa 5G scooter continues to sport mobile charging sockets likewise the previous edition. Also See: Honda X-Blade: Price in India, Launch Date, Specs, Features, Dimensions
5. Additional highlights of the new scooter include 18-litre storage capacity, a 5.3-liter fuel tank capacity, combi-braking system, 153mm ground clearance and much more.
6. Coming to the engine specifications, the new Honda Activa 5G will come powered by the same 109.19cc unit which is presently seen on the current generation. The engine is tuned to produce maximum power of 8bhp with peak torque of 9Nm and will be mated to a CVT transmission. Read Also: Honda Activa 5G: Price in India, Launch Date, Images, Features, Spec, Review, Mileage
7. Speculated to launch anytime soon, the new Honda Activa is expected to see a price tag of around INR 54,000 (ex-showroom). Talking about the competition, the upcoming Honda Activa 5G scooter will heat up the segment by competing against Hero Maestro Edge, TVS Jupiter and Suzuki Access.