Meeting the anticipations of the Indian buyers, India Yamaha Motor finally introduced the latest edition of Yamaha R15 V3 at this year’s Auto Expo. Priced at INR 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the new Yamaha R15 motorcycle now comes with ferocious look and appealing which is lifted from its elder sibling – R1. Inheriting Racing DNA, the all-new Yamaha R15 now sports a sharper headlight design, aerodynamic front, muscular fuel tank, edgy design at the rear and much more. The motorcycle is currently being showcased at the Auto Expo 2018 which will conclude on 14th of February. To bring more insight about the motorcycle, we list down 5 things you should know about the new R15. See More: Auto Expo 2018: New Yamaha YZF-R3 Launched in India at INR 3.48 Lakhs Also Read - Nokia Smart TV with 55-inch 4K panel launched in India: Price, features, sale date and offers
1. As far as the powerhouse option is concerned, the all-new Yamaha R15 V3.0 is equipped with a new 155cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine with Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) technology that is designed for achieving excellent power and a high top speed. Also See: New Yamaha R15 V3.0 Images Leaked Online; Launch Date, Price in India, Specification, Top Speed Also Read - Nokia Smart TV powered by JBL Audio leaked in images ahead of India launch
2. The unit is tuned to make maximum power of 19.3 PS of power @ 10,000 rpm against the peak torque of 15 Nm @ 8,500 rpm. The engine is now mated to a 6-speed gearbox that allows better acceleration at lower gears. Also Read - Reliance Jio, Airtel prepaid users can queue recharges ahead of tariff hike on December 1
3. The latest avatar of Yamaha R15 is built on Deltabox frame which offers excellent rigidity balance. Additional highlights of the new R15 V3.0 includes twin-eye LED headlight with hazard lamps, gear shift timing light, assist and slipper clutch, conventional split seat, MRF Zapper tyres and much more. Read More: Auto Expo 2018: Yamaha R15 V3.0 Launched in India at INR 1.25 Lakh
4. The newer version of R15 motorcycle now comes in 2 body shade options – Thunder Grey and Racing Blue. The suspension duties on the motorcycle are carried out by telescopic forks at the front and swing arm link suspension at the rear. For braking, the motorcycle is loaded with disc brakes at both the ends. Also See: Yamaha Fazer 25 Review, Road Test: An Affordable Touring Alternative to FZ25
5. On the dimension front, the motorcycle gets a length of 1990mm, width of 725mm and height of 1135mm along with wheelbase of 1325mm and ground clearance of 170mm. The seat height on the motorcycle measures 815mm and gets fuel tank capacity of 11-litres.