The latest iteration of Honda’s c-segment sedan, the 4th generation City has now achieved the milestone of selling 2.5 lakh units in India. Launched in 2014, the latest iteration of the Honda City recently received a minor mid-life update earlier this year. By clocking this sales number, the City has become the largest selling sedan from Honda Cars India. Globally, the sales of the current generation city has crossed one million mark of which India accounts for a total of 25 percent, making it the largest market for the Honda City. In India, City became the second car from the Japanese automaker to launch with a diesel engine, followed by the first which was the compact sedan Amaze. With the launch of the 2017 Honda City (facelift), Honda states that about 30 percent of the sales are for the CVT automatic variants. Also Read: Second Generation Honda Amaze under works; likely to be more fuel efficient than new Maruti Suzuki DzireAlso Read - 'Big Daddy Of SUVs' Scorpio-N Launched: Price, Dimensions, Everything You Need To Know Here

The Honda City made its official entry in the Indian car market in the year 1998 and since then has sold a total of 6.8 lakh units. This sedan has for years dominated the c-segment of sedan and offered tough competition to the rivals and also initiated the debut of many. Since its inception, the Honda City, Globally has sold over 3.5 million units across 60 different countries. Also Read: Honda City 2017 garners 30000 bookings since its India launch; Top end variant ZX in demand Also Read - Debut Most Powerful: Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae Coming Soon | In Pics

The 4th generation Honda City arrived in India with a number of attractive features which includes the likes of Keyless entry, Electric Sunroof, Steering Mounted Audio and Bluetooth handsfree, advanced 17.7 cm touchscreen infotainment system called the Digipad, Reverse Camera & Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Automatic Air-conditioner, leather seats, 16inch diamond alloy wheels and safety at its best with ABS (Anti-lock braking system) with EBD, & Airbags. Also Read: Honda CR-V to come with a diesel engine soon Also Read - Honda to Launch New City Hybrid on This Date | Check Features, Price Here

The Honda City in India is offered with a choice of two engine options; one each of petrol and diesel. The petrol derivative gets a 1.5 -litre i-VTEC engine while the diesel derivative comes with a 1.5-litre i-DTEC unit. Former offers a fuel efficiency figure of 17.4km/l, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission while with the CVT the numbers go up to 18km/l. The diesel derivative comes paired to a 6-speed manual transmission gives out a claimed efficiency figure of  25.6 km/l. Also Read: GST effect on cars: Hybrid cars like BMW i8, Toyota Camry & Honda Accord to get costlier by upto INR 45 lakh

According to Honda, 61 percent of the total sales for the City are for the petrol derivative while the remaining 39 percent are for the diesel version. In the case of manual vs automatic (CVT), 70 percent of the buyers of the Honda City vent for the Manual trims with the rest opting for the automatic version. Talking about the prices, the current generation Honda City retails at a base price of INR 8.49 lakh with the top of the line version going for INR 13.56 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).