After unveiling the all-new Honda Amaze globally at Auto Expo 2018 last month, Honda Car India is gearing up to launch the compact sedan in the domestic market. Expected to launch anytime soon, the new generation Honda Amaze 2018 will now come with refreshed exterior design which is in-line with bigger models like Accord and City. Based on the same platform as that of Brio hatchback, the new Honda Amaze 2018 will be introduced with intent to dominate the sub-4m sedan space, currently dominated by Maruti Dzire. To provide more details about the compact sedan, we list down top 7 things you should know about the new Amaze. See More: New Honda Amaze 2018: Price in India, Launch Date, Images, Specs, Features, Interior Also Read - Honda Cars to revamp entire sales network in next three years
1. Starting off with the exterior design, the new generation Honda Amaze 2018 will get a new front profile featuring new grille design, rectangular headlamps, new front bumper which gives an appealing look. The side profile, however, remains similar to the outgoing model but it will come with new15-inch alloy wheels and shark fin antenna. The rear section gets C-shaped tail lamps, new rear bumper, tail gate mounted spoiler and much more. Also Read - Honda Cars to increase vehicle prices from Jan
2. Coming to the interior, the cabin of the new Amaze is completely revamped sporting a dual tone dashboard with piano finish details. It also gets 7-inch DIGIPAD touchscreen infotainment, 3-spoke steering wheel with controls, cruise control, key-less entry, push start-stop button, automatic climate control, parking sensors and rear-view cameras and much more. Read More: Honda CR-V 2018 listed on official website prior India Launch; Expected Price, Interior, Specs, Diesel Variant, Features Also Read - BMW Launches G 310 R and G 310 GS Today in India; Price Starts at Rs 2.99 Lakh, Know More About Features, Specifications
3. Coming to the mechanical front, the next-gen Honda Amaze 2018 will be offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The petrol variant will be fitted with a 1.2-litre i-VTEC mill while the diesel version will see a 1.5-litre i-DTEC oil burner. The former will be tuned to make max power of 87 bhp with 109Nm of peak torque whereas the oil burner will churn out 99bhp and 200Nm of power figures.
4. The transmission duties on the new Honda Amaze are likely to be carried out by a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard. Moreover, an optional CVT transmission will also be on offer for petrol as well as diesel versions.
5. When launched in the domestic market, the all-new Honda Amaze 2018 sub-compact sedan will be pitted against the likes of Ford Aspire, Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Volkswagen Ameo and others in the competitive sub-compact sedan segment. Read More: New Honda Civic 2018 Listed on Official Website; Price in India, Launch Date, Interior, Specs, Images, Features
6. Coming to the safety features, the new Amaze will be loaded on safety as well. It will get dual airbags and ABS as standard across the variants. The top end model is expected to get other features such as EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), multiple airbags and more. Read Also: Honda Amaze 2018 listed on official website ahead of India Launch; Price in India likely to start from INR 6 Lakh
7. As far as the price point is concerned, the second generation Amaze is expected to carry a competitive price tag. We speculate that the new Amaze could fall in the bracket of INR 6 lakh INR 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).