Maruti Suzuki will be showcasing new range of products at the upcoming 14th edition of Auto Expo 2018. The car maker is expected to put on show the new Swift 2018 along with the sportier avatar of the hatch – Maruti Swift RS. As previously reported, it is believed that some dealers have started taking pre-bookings of new Swift 2018 with token amount of INR 11,000. The sportier avatar of Swift 2018 will be based on Suzuki’s heartect platform. To provide more insight about the hatchback, we list down top 5 things you should be knowing about the new Swift RS 2018. See More: Maruti Suzuki Concept Future S Compact SUV Global Debut at Auto Expo 2018; Engine Specs, Launch Date & Other Details Also Read - BMW Launches G 310 R and G 310 GS Today in India; Price Starts at Rs 2.99 Lakh, Know More About Features, Specifications
1. For the first time in the domestic market, the Indo-Japanese car maker is focusing on the entire Swift range which includes Swift Hybrid, Swift RS and Swift Sport. Likewise Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the sporty avatar of Swift will be retailed in the Indian market through Maruti’s premium network – NEXA. Also See: New Maruti Suzuki Swift RS 2018 To Debut in India at Auto Expo 2018 Also Read - Toyota Yaris 2018: Price in India, Interior, Specifications, Images, Features - 5 Things to know
2. The new Maruti Swift RS 2018 will be based on the same platform as that of Baleno & new Dzire, however, it will be lighter in weight by 10 percent. The platform will also form better structural rigidity ensuring better safety of the passengers. Also Read - New Hyundai Santa Fe 2018 showcased at Geneva Motor Show 2018
3. As far as the engine specs are concerned, the new Maruti Swift RS will be powered by a 1.0-litre BoosterJet petrol engine. The engine on the international-spec variant produces 110Bhp and 170Nm of power figures, however, the indian-spec variant is expected to be de-tuned. See Also: Maruti Swift 2018 Bookings Open Unofficially; Launch Date, Price in India, Interior, Images
4. The transmission duties on the new Swift RS 2018 is likely to be carried out by a 5-speed manual and 6-speed AT. However, there is clarity that the Indo-Japanese car maker will bring SHVS technology on the Indian version.
5. Coming to the price point, the sporty avatar of new Swift is anticipated to be priced around INR 8 lakh (Ex-showroom) which will be pitted against the likes of Ford Figo Sport and Volkswagen GT TSI.