Indians have been one of the most careless and notorious drivers around the world. This is now an established fact as the people of our country are the biggest traffic violators which result in the highest number of road accident related casualties in our countries. Around 1.5 lakh people lose their lives in these mishaps across India thus an iron hand was the need of the hour to handle this menace. The Government of India is deeply focussing on the reducing the number of accidents by 50 per cent in the next five years.Also Read - Breaking News LIVE Updates Sep 28, 2021: PM Modi to Launch 35 Crop Varieties with Special Traits Today
Thus one of the first step in that direction is the amendment in the Motor Vehicle Act which revises the traffic violation fines by a huge margin. So here is the revised list of the fines which are sure to leave the traffic violators in a spot. Also Read - MI vs PBKS Dream11 Team Prediction, Fantasy Hints VIVO IPL 2021 Match 42: Captain, Vice-Captain – Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings, Playing 11s T20 Match at Sheikh Zayed Stadium 7:30 PM IST September 28 Tuesday
1. The bill also aims at hiking the new driving license fee by almost four times as it has been hiked from 320 to 1200 now. The cost of renewal of license also sees a 4 fold increase from 50 to 200. Also Read - This IT Company in India Shifts to 4-day Working Week | Here's How Will it Work
2. Driving without wearing the seat belt will bring a fine of 1,000 instead of 100 which was brushed aside by people very easily earlier.
3. Cars being driven by juveniles will lead to trial of juvenile under JJ (juvenile justice) act whereas the owner will get 3 years of imprisonment, 25,000 of fine or both.
4. If you are a boy racer looking for some fun on the public roads then better reach the nearest racing track because fine for racing on the roads will cost around 5,000 instead of just 500 earlier.
5. Overspeeding will cost more now as the fine has been increased from 400 to 1000 in the light motor vehicles and 2000 for the MPVs.
6. Driving the vehicle without a license will be dearer by 5,000 instead of 500 earlier. So it would be a better idea to keep the license with you all the time.
7. Riding without a helmet will cost you 1,000 instead of 100 earlier.
8. The most notorious violation is the drunken driving and the fine for the same has been increased from 2,000 to 10,000.
9. Driving despite disqualification of the license can attract a fine of 10,000 instead of 500 earlier.
10. The fine for Dangerous Driving will have you cough up amounts of upto INR 5,000 instead of 1,000 earlier.
11. The compensation for the Hit and Run has been increased to up to 2,00,000 which can increase to almost 10,00,000 in road accident fatalities.
12. Driving vehicle without a permit will 10,000 instead of 5,000 in the previous act.
13. It will now be mandatory for Government owned vehicles to purchase third party insurance.
14. Manufacturers are also going to have a tough time as they will have to recall faulty vehicles or face hefty fines.
15. Unauthorized use of vehicle without a driving license will set you back by 5,000 instead of the previous fine of 1,000. So it would be a better idea to following the rules to save your hard earned money.
All the fine amounts are in INR (Indian National Rupee)