Ford India has finally rolled out the updated avatar of its popular sub-4m SUV – EcoSport in India with a price tag of INR 7.31 lakh (ex-showroom India). The American car maker decided to keep the prices intact for the all-new EcoSport which is available in 5 trim levels – Ambiente, Trend, Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+. The 2017 Ford EcoSport was undoubtedly one of the hot picks for this year which competes against the likes of recently launched Tata Nexon and segment leader Maruti Vitara Brezza. Featuring cosmetic updates inside out, the refreshed avatar of EcoSport also carries new engine at the heart which is all-new 1.5-litre Ti-VCT Dragon Petrol engine. See More: New Ford EcoSport 2017 Facelift Launched; Price in India Starts from INR 7.31 lakh1. The new Ford EcoSport facelift gets a complete overhaul wherein it features all-new grille, new headlamps, new fog lamps, new alloy wheels, new tail lights, roof rails and more.
2. The updation also continues on the inside, as the SUV gets updated interiors sporting new dashboard layout, new infotainment system along with bunch of new equipments.
3. The SUV comes powered by new 1.5-litre Dragon petrol whereas the 1.5-litre TDCi motor is the same engine which does duty on the pre-facelifted model. The oil burner is capable of producing 110bhp @ 6300 rpm with peak torque of 140Nm @ 4400 rpm. See More: Top 7 Upcoming Cars Launching in 2017-18: Maruti Ertiga 2018, Ford EcoSport Facelift 2018, Tata Nexon AMT, Swift 2018
4. Feature-wise, the 2017 EcoSport bags hi-tech features like Fords SYNC 3 compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, cruise control, speed limiter, rear view camera, automatic climatic control, ABS with EBD, EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, 6-airbags, rear parking sensors and more. Also See: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift India Launch Likely on November 9; Price, Interior & Images
5. As far as the prices are concerned, the new EcoSport comes loaded with features, new powertrain option, host of exterior and interior updates. However, the company decided to carry forward the prices for the pre-facelift model to the new model which is priced in the range of INR 7.31 lakh to INR 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
6. Transmission duties are carried out by 6-speed automatic for petrol engine only and 5-speed manual for both petrol and diesel engines. See More: 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift: Launch Date, India Price, Interior, Mileage, Images
7. Dimensionally, the new EcoSport gets length of 3999mm, width of 1765mm, height of 1708mm along with wheelbase of 2520mm and ground clearance of 200mm. See Also: Upcoming Cars to Launch in India this Festive Period: Ford EcoSport Facelift, Maruti Celerio X, Renault Captur, Mahindra KUV100 Facelift
8. In terms of competition, the all-new EcoSport takes on the rivals such as Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra TUV300 and others in the sub-4m segment.
9. The new EcoSport is offered in 7 exciting colour options – Lightning Blue, Canyon Ridge, Diamond White, Race Red, Absolute Black, Smoke Grey and Moondust Silver.
10. Safety-wise, the updated EcoSport gets ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, front seat belt with pre-tensioner & load limiter, rear parking sensors, EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, cruise control, side and curtain airbags, crash unlocking system, safe clutch start and more.