Also Read - Audi, Mc Donalds, Coca-Cola And Other Brands Create New ‘Social Distancing’ Logos Amid Coronavirus Crises
– Iconic Mini coming to India in 2012, as confirmed by BMW Also Read - Europa League: Anthony Martial Equalizer Secure a 1-1 Draw for Manchester United vs Club Brugge; Arsenal Beat Olympiacos 1-0
Also Read - Bundesliga: Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland Score as Dortmund Wallop Frankfurt 4-0
– The biggest news for the day is that Suzuki has had enough of the alliance with VW and wants out. VW has a more conservative stance and wants to hold talks before saying anything.
– Mahindra is considering building a plant in Sri Lanka as sales there have exceeded expectations.
– The Renault Duster, the French manufacturer's budget SUV, will be manufactured exclusively in India!
– Ford steps up its advertising campaign and is the first Indian manufacturer to directly name rivals in its ads. This is common in the USA, Ford's home market, but not here.
– Speaking of the Blue Oval, it has also announced OpenXC, its new interface for third-party hardware and software modules. Think Android or Linux, where the user can tweak, add and subtract as he pleases. We're wondering what Ford's lawyers are currently making of the warranty conditions, though.
– The Frankfurt Motor Show opens today, and a lot of new releases have been previewed or their details have been released or leaked. Biggest of them all is the new 911 which, for a change, actually looks different. And it's got a seven-speed manual gearbox!
– Also on the Frankfurt list is the new European Civic, Bentley Continental GTC, Swift Sport, Jaguar C-X16 (without the turbines. Sigh!), Audi Spyder, Maserati SUV, Eterniti Hermera and Lamborghini's surprise launch of the 'Super Trofeo' Gallardo