Also Read - ‘Small Action, Big Message’: Javadekar, Nadda Laud People For Lighting Lamps at 9 PM
Our new Buzz page has just one objective: to give you the latest auto news, as it happens. We keep it simple, straight and snappy. But if you want more information on a particular news piece, just head out to the relevant link that goes with the snippet. Also Read - Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Mary Kom Participate in Lights Off Challenge as Sporting Fraternity Unite in Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic by Lighting Candles, Lamps
Also Read - After Urging Nation, PM Modi Lights up Lamp to Ramp up Collective Fight Against COVID-19
OnCars India Buzz: September 8, 2011
– Tata Motors says they have cut down production to “align with the market needs”. Read: lean sales, bleak prospects and Nano fires are the reasons. Complete coverage
– The steep hike in third-party insurance rates means the insurance companies have benefitted – recording a growth of 23 per cent. Complete coverage
– Big launch day today! There is the global launch of the Renault Koleos (2011) happening in Delhi. Proves Renault's big plans for India. Stay tuned for complete details of the Renault Koleos with our launch coverage. Preview of the Koleos | Renault Koleos launched at Rs 22.99 lakh
– Big launch day for Mercedes Benz India as well. After the new C-Class launch a few days ago, today it is the turn of the the new Mercedes Benz CLS to be launched in Mumbai. Stay tuned for complete details of the new Merc CLS with our launch coverage. Preview of the Mercedes Benz CLS | CLS launched at Rs 67.67 lakh | Merc CLS images from the launch
– Volkswagen plans limited editions of its two bestsellers – Polo and Vento for the festive season. On offer is a special varaint – Breeze – and goodies worth Rs 40,000. Complete coverage | More details on the Breeze variants
– Mahindra and Toyota have already announced price hikes. And now it looks like there will more announcements on similar lines from other manufacturers. Stay tuned for more on this.
– Mahindra Reva is mulling using the electric powertrain for one of M&M's existing models. It will be Reva's first step into the big league and Mahindra's attempt at new technology in an existing set-up.
– Gujarat is hot property, auto wise. First it was Tata, then Ford and now Maruti Suzuki is rushing to talk to CM Narendra Modi to set up a plant in the state. Is Manesar listening?
– Rumours of trouble between Volkswagen and Suzuki have been rampant and now Suzuki has gone official, saying they are not on talking terms with VW anymore.
– Nissan is now selling the Micra in a new color called 'spring green'. The only one we've spotted on the road so far even had 'XV' badging on the bootlid. Is Nissan now putting badging on all Micras? Let us know in the comments!
– Mahindra will launch the new Bolero today in Mumbai. What is “new” about the good ol' Bolero? Keep watching this space to find out. New Mahindra Bolero launched at Rs 6.19 lakh