Also Read - Oil Companies in India See 70% Drop in Consumption as Lockdown Shrinks Global Sales
We recently reported that Tata was on its way to launch the VX version of the Indigo eCS, and here it is. The new eCS is available in the VX variant as we stated earlier. Along with the changes in interiors as we mentioned before, the new Indigo eCS VX features the frugal CR4 engine which returns 25 kmpl mileage. The CR4 engine powering the Indigo eCS produces 70PS power with 140Nm of torque. Also Read - Covid-19 Warriors: MP Doctor Turns His Car Into a Temporary Home To Protect His Family From Coronavirus
Also Read - Coronavirus in India: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies in Maharashtra, Death Toll in State Rises to 21 | Highlights
The hike from the earlier 23 kmpl to the 25 kmpl fuel economy has been credited to five features –
1. SMART EMS (Engine Management System) – Better tuning to optimize functionality for more mileage.
2. MAXIMUM CHARGE COMBUSTION – Better designed engine head, block and piston for efficiency.
3. DRAG REDUCTION- Subtle changes to the exteriors to reduce drag coefficient and make the car more aerodynamic
4. TRANSAXLE – Optimized gear ratios for better efficiency
5. TYRES – low drag resistance tyres for lesser rolling losses.
The interiors now sport a dual-tone beige interior with wood finish centre console new instrument cluster with chrome rings and rear centre armrest. Adding to the feature list are things like keyless entry, ABS and Tata’s ‘Blue 5’ entertainment system.
The Indigo eCS VX has been prices at Rs 5.80 lakh for the diesel variant and Rs 4.98 lakh for the petrol variant (prices ex-showroom Delhi).