, the reality based on Dutch television show ‘Big Brother’ was launched in 2006. On weekdays, one can see highlights of the programme in the evening with Fridays being the weekly eviction day. Saturday is the day of interview of the evicted contestant by the host and Sundays shows interesting bits and bytes from the entire week that had not been shown earlier. Though, rules of Bigg Boss house have not been made public, contestants are constantly instructed to speak only in Hindi – even if they are foreigners, not to tamper with the cameras or their microphones, not to sleep during day time, and not to discuss the nomination process with anyone. Interesting Trivia: Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
- The oldest Bigg Boss winner is Vindu Dara Singh – at 41 years old; the youngest is Ashutosh Kaushik – at 28 years.
- Pooja Missra received 35 eviction votes in the Bigg Boss House – highest number of eviction votes yet.
- Tanisha Mukherjee was nominated most times in Bigg House history for eviction – with 9 nominations.
- Shweta Tiwari who played the protagonist in the soap Kasautii Zindagii Kay aired on Star Plus, and Urvashi Dholakia who played the antagonist in that soap – have both won Bigg Boss.
- Along with Shweta and Urvashi, Juhi Parmar has also been one of the lead casts of Ekta Kapoor’s serials to win the show.
- Bigg Boss Season 4 was the only one to have a live wedding.
- Navjot Singh Siddhu has been the only housemate yet to have survived for the longest period inside the house with zero eviction votes.
- First international contestant on the show was Jade Goody.
- The only pregnant lady housemate of the show was Sonika Kaliraman.
- The Bigg Boss House was earlier located in Lonavala in the Pune district of Maharashtra. The House of the fifth season was situated in ND studios in Karzat.
- The Prize Money for Bigg Boss winner was Rs 1 crore till Season 5. From Season 6, the prize money was halved to Rs 50 lakh.
Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year