New Delhi, Feb 19: The Indian Institute of Mass Communication Alumni Association (IIMCAA) has announced the winners of IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018 at their annual alumni meet. Also Read - Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story Won Nothing at Filmfare OTT Awards And There's a Legit Reason Behind it!
The awards – which recognize the achievements and contribution of IIMCians – are given for reporting, production and advertising and public relations. This year, the number of awards have been increased from 10 to 21. Also Read - National Press Day: Modi Government Committed Towards Freedom of Press, Says Amit Shah
According to institute in a release, an overall number of entries were 114 in compare to last year. This year IIMCAA has also introduced – ‘Alumni of the Year Award’ and ‘Public Service Award’. Also Read - This Twitter User Wrote An Obituary For Death Of Media & Confused by The Wordplay, A Newspaper Actually Published It!
Speaking on the 6th Annual Alumni Meet, Mr. Suresh Kumar Vashishth (batch 1994-95), President, IIMCAA said that IIMCAA Connections has grown leaps & bounds since its inception in 2013. It has become an annual mega-event for IIMC Alumni, which they don’t want to miss. Through this platform, we have reached to many new alumni from different fields, such as journalism, public relations, entrepreneurs, bureaucracy, academics, govt. bodies, etc.
To appreciate rural & agriculture reporting, Agriculture Reporting Award has the highest cash prize of Rs 51,000, while Rs 21,000 is the cash prize for other awards.
Here’s the list of the awardees:
- Alumni of the year: Mr. Supriya Prasad
- Public Service: Mr Pankaj Pushkar
- Agricultural Reporting: Mr. Utkarsh Kumar Singh
- Investigative reporting: Mr. Abdul Raza Khan
- Development Reporting: Mr. TR Vivek
- Political reporting: Ms. Shruti Jain
- Sports Reporting: Mr. Andrew Amsan
- Economic and Business Reporting: Mr. Athar Imam Khan
- Features: Mr Amit
- Print Publication: Mr. Priya Rajan Jha
- Broadcast Production: Mr. Ankur Tyagi
- Digital Production (Online story telling): Ms. Gaura Naithani
- Digital Production (Innovation): Mr. Vishnu Kumar Soni
- Broadcaster: Mr. Umashakar Singh
- Documentary Film making: Ms. Pragya Srivastav
- Advertising: Mr. Vipin Dhyani
- Media innovation: Mr. Sumantra Talukdar
- Image building: Mr. Chaithanya Krishnaraju
- Advocacy: Ms. Sukanya Jena
- Social Media Management: Ms. Sanya Grover
- Developmental Reporting Jury Special Mention: Mr. Abhinav Goel
- Broadcast Production-Large Network Jury Special Mention: Mr. Neeraj Jha
- Central Committee Special Mention: Mr. Suraj Kumar
Every year, the alumni association of the prestigious mass communication institute has been organising the alumni meet on the third Sunday of February since 2013 to connect all the alumni who work and live in various parts of the country. A number of alumni will visit the campus with their families making the event all the more interesting.
Cities like Dhenkanal, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Tashkent, and Singapore also to host alumni meet. The total number of IIMC Alumni Meets Connections 2018 16, 14 Indian cities, 2 international destinations and that will be our first alumni meet abroad.