Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has extended the last date for submitting applications for the online test of Joint Admission to Master of Science (JAM) 2015. Eligible and interested candidates need to apply on and before October 16, 2014. Even the online fee payment can be done till October 16. Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
Candidates who are making the fee payment through offline mode, for them the last date of fee payment through challan has been extended from September 30 to October 13. It should be noted that no applications are to be submitted offline, and only payment mode can be offline as well as online. Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour
IIT carries out JAM for candidates seeking admissions to the integrated Ph D degree programmes at IISc Bangalore and M Sc, Joint M Sc-Ph D, M Sc-Ph D dual degree, M Sc-M Tech, M Sc-M S (Research)/ Ph D dual degree and other Post-Bachelor’s degree programmes at IITs. JAM is open to all nationals. Besides, there is no age restriction. Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year
Steps to be followed for JAM 2015 application:
Registration at JAPS:
- A candidate who wishes to apply for JAM 2015 examination must first register on the JAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed in the later stage; hence they must be carefully verified and confirmed before submission.
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing the candidate’s JAPS enrolment ID would be sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate. The enrolment ID would also be sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this JAPS enrolment ID along with the JAPS password for all JAM 2015 related communications or website operations.
Filling up of the application forms:
- After logging in to the JAPS website, the candidate needs to fill in the information that have been asked for.
- Thereafter the candidate has to upload the image files (in .jpeg format) of photograph and signature. A scanned copy of SC/ST and/or PwD certificates (in .pdf format) are also to be uploaded, if applicable.
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents would be summarily rejected.
Payment of application fee:
- Candidates can pay online by using their respective net banking accounts/ debit or credit cards.
- In case the candidate chooses the challan payment mode, then a challan will be generated (as a .pdf file). The candidate has to take the printout of the challan and the payment should be made in cash at any SBI branch.
Downloading the application form:
- After JAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee (through Online/Challan), the candidate would be able to download the complete filled in application form with fee payment details in .pdf format.
- A print out should be taken for future communications.
- Candidates must remember JAPS enrolment ID and JAPS password, and must login periodically to see the status of application, or for downloading the admit card and to know the results later on.
- Candidates are requested to keep visiting JAM 2015 website for any query or updated information.
- Last date for payment of fee through challan: October 13, 2014
- Closure of online application process: October 16, 2014
- IIT Guwahati would be conducting the examination on: February 8, 2015.
- JAM 2015: February 8, 2015
For further information, candidates may click here and access the official website of JAM 2015.
Image Courtesy: Getty Images