JEE Advanced Exam 2019: The Joint Entrance Exam-Advanced (JEE-Adv) for is scheduled to begin on Monday, i.e., May 27. Over 1.75 lakh students across the country are attempting the exam. In 2018, only 1.64 lakh candidates out of the top 2.31 lakh JEE-Main eligible candidates had registered for the JEE-Adv Examination. In 2017, around 1.71 lakh candidates out of the 2.20 lakh eligible candidates had registered for the exam, stated a report.
The JEE-Advanced exam 2019 is conducted by IIT-Roorkee. The exam is divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2 and the duration of the exam is three hours each. Both the papers have to be attempted by the students in order to qualify in the examinations.
The official statement released by the office of the chairperson of JEE-Adv 2019 reportedly said, “The exam will be conducted in a computer-based format. Negative markings may be awarded for incorrect answers and students will be informed about the same at the time of examination only.”
Here are some essential tips for the students taking up the JEE Advanced Exam 2019:
1) The examination will be conducted in a computer-based format.
3) Students are advised to reach the examination centre prior to their exam timings.
3) Candidates must not forget to carry their admit cards.
4) While giving the exam, students must focus on questions that they can answer first.
5) There are negative markings for every incorrect answer.
6) Students must not panic and must immediately notify an invigilator, in case the computer they are working on encounters any problem.
All the best!