JEE Main Exam 2020: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in January 2020. Interested candidates are requested to fill the application form which is available on the official website of JEE Main, i.e., jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Note that the JEE Main exam 2020 will be held in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages across the nation.
The Joint Entrance Examination is conducted twice a year to select suitable candidates for admission into various undergraduate engineering programmes at various institutions including the National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT), Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), and those funded by participating State Governments.
Check all the important dates related to JEE Main 2020:
1. Online submission of Application Form starts from September 3 to September 30 (till 11.50 PM).
2. Payment of fee should be made between September 3 and October 1, 2019 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service till 11.50 PM).
3. The exam begins on January 6, 2020 (Monday) and concludes on January 11, 2020 (Saturday).
4. The results will be declared by January 31, 2020.
Check out the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2020:
Note that there is no age limit to appear for this exam. However, candidates must have these eligibilities:
1. They must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2018 or 2019 or will be appearing for the same in 2020.
2. They should have undertaken final examination of class 10+2 from a recognised education board in the country.
3. They should have cleared a Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
4. They should have cleared the final examination of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy’s two-year course.
Here is the direct link to access the exam schedule.
An earlier official notification read, “NTA has established a countrywide network of Test Practice Centres (TPCs) across India to familiarise aspiring students. All students have an opportunity to practice and have the first-hand experience of taking “Computer Based Test (CBT)” before the exam. 4000 Schools/ engineering colleges with computer centres will be available on every Saturday/Sunday starting from 1st September, 2019 and more Schools/ engineering colleges with computer centres will be added in time to come.”
“The candidates can choose the nearest TPC. This facility is available free of cost as a support measure, especially for candidates hailing from remote and rural areas. The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal Officer and staff available at the TPC will help the candidates so that they become familiar with the CBT mode of examinations,” it continued.