The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced 2015, was successfully conducted by the seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) yesterday, that is on May 24, 2015. About 1.52 lakh candidates were qualified to appear for this exam, although only 1.22 lakh aspirants were allowed to take the test due to some reasons. Read JEE Advanced 2015: Check the exam pattern changes and marking scheme for Paper 1 here. Also Read - UPSC Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited for Various Posts, Here's How You Can Apply
JEE advanced 2015 was conducted in two parts – Paper I (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) & Paper 2 (2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Read JEE Advanced 2015: Official answer keys to be released at jeeadv.iitm.ac.in on June 8. Also Read - Beyond The Call Of Duty: Police Station in Aurangabad Holds English Classes For Slum Children
Overall Marks Bifurcation Also Read - Operation Smile: Indore Cop Turns Teacher For Slum Children Who Couldn't Attend Online Classes Due to Pandemic
- Total questions in Paper I and II – 60.
- Total questions from each subject – 20.
- Paper I total marks – 264 marks.
- Paper II total marks – 240 marks.
- Each subject total marks – 168.
- Total marks for Paper I and II (combined) – 504.
- Total questions from Class 11 syllabus – 196.
- Total questions from Class 12 syllabus – 308.
Overall Difficulty Level Analysis
- Physics bit tricky.
- Some questions were complicated and lengthy whereas some were simple and straightforward.
- The paper this year was relatively lengthy, especially matrix match type questions.
- Mechanics section was complicated and so was the optics which had heavy numerical.
- Chemistry was relatively simpler although bit different compared to last year.
- Paper had options for matrix match questions.
- There were lesser memory based questions.
- Some sections of Mathematics were lengthy and complex.
- Paper 1 turned out to be more calculative compared to Paper 2.
- Paper 2 Calculus section was conceptual.
- Most questions of Paper I and some of Paper 2 were straightforward.
Results for JEE Advanced 2015 would be declared on June 18, 2015. Thereafter students may apply online, through joint seat allocation as per their preference, from June 25, 2015. Read JEE Advanced 2015: Check the exam pattern changes and marking scheme for Paper 1 here.
Image Courtesy: Photos.com