May 1, 2017: Kendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan has released the KVS TGT, PGT, PRT Written Exam Results for 2017 recruitments on its official website kvsangathan.nic.in. Candidates who have cleared the written exam would now have to clear the Interview rounds scheduled on May 22, 23 and 24. The examination was conducted on January 7 and January 8 for recruitment of 690 Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), 926 Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), and 4,348 Primary Teacher (PRT). Here are a few tips shared by senior KV Teachers on how to prepare for and clear the Interview Round of Kendriya Vidhyalayas. Also Read | CBSE UGC NET once a year after July 2017 Exam, reports confirm UGC decision to suspend bi-annual examination
We have reached out to senior KV Teachers who have shared important tips to clear the Interview Rounds. While the basics remain the same, what candidates should keep in mind is the posts that they have applied for. Also, the KV Interviews are technical in nature and the panel set out for recruitment looks for expertise in the topics/ subjects the teachers have qualified in. Teachers further state that clearing the written exams is a very big step. There is still time to prepare for the interviews and candidates should keep in mind these few pointers for their KV Recruitment Interviews.
- Be thorough with your subjects – the interview rounds are extremely technical in nature and it is important to be thorough with the subjects of choice. For example, if a teacher has cleared the PRT examination and has majored in Mathematics, then their fundamentals of the subject should be spot on.
- Language teachers should be very well versed in the various literatures in the language as the panel can ask about the books they read.
- Be confident and answer the questions in the language the question is asked in. Teachers state that often candidates try to answer the question in English language even when the interviewer has asked the question in Hindi. Since KVs cater to students from all strata of the society, it is important to showcase the ability to manage a class in both English and Hindi.
- Basics of interview etiquettes should be kept in mind. Dressing appropriately is extremely important. Female teachers should prefer wearing a saree as the impression helps.
- Prepare on lecture delivery and how to manage a class. Teachers say that often interviewer would ask a candidate on how she/he would address a class, how they would teach a particular topic and even ask for a demo. Candidates hence should be prepared for giving a demo, if asked.
Related News | CBSE to conduct CTET Exam one time in a year, says report: Latest Update at cbse.nic.in
Kendriya Vidhyalayas are central government schools that are managed by the Kendriya Vidhyala Sangathan. The KVS conducts recruitment examination to hire teachers across various posts in the schools. Results for the KVS Written Exam 2017 are now out and interview rounds would be conducted from May 22 till May 24. India.com wishes all the candidates the very best of luck.