Mumbai: Three girls of Khamgaon reportedly killed themselves by consuming rat poison as they were afraid they would fail the coming Maharashtra SSC Board Examination 2019, said reports on Monday. Also Read - UP Girl Reaches Boyfriend's House With 'Band Baaja Baarat', Creates Ruckus & Threatens Suicide | Here's The Reason
All three studied at National High School in Buldhana. Also Read - Woman Tries to End Life by Jumping Into Jhelum River, J&K Police Prevent Suicide Attempt | Video Surfaces
According to a leading daily, in all, three students were not very happy with how their practical examination went and decided to end their lives. However, one of them, Rupali, survived. Also Read - Coronavirus Stress Has Led To Increased Anxiety And Suicidal Thoughts: Study
She said they took rat poison and then had pani puri. Sixteen-year-old Naina Sadashiv Shinde and 15-year-old Nikita Anil Rohnkar succumbed while Rupali was in a critical condition and was being treated.
The daily said that initially, it was assumed that the pani puri the girls consumed must have led to their taking ill. However, Rupali Kishor Unvne told the police what had actually happened.
The 15-year-old told the police that they decided to kill themselves over their dismal performance in the practical exam. She said Nikita brought the rat poison from her home and the three of them consumed it after which they all had pani puri before proceeding home.
Once they got to their respective homes, all three fell ill and their parents rushed them to the hospital. The three were nauseous and couldn’t breathe. While Nikita and Naina succumbed, Rupali survived to tell the story.
Maharashtra Board Examination for Class 10th or SSC examination would commence from March 1. Board examination is one of the main reasons why teenagers commit suicide. Last year also, a Nashik girl had killed herself over her low score in SSC exam.