New Delhi: The online registration process for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 began on Thursday, November 1, 2018. Eligible and interested candidates can download their Applications for the NEET-UG 2019 through the National Testing Agency (NTA) official website – nta.ac.in. Also Read - NTA Declares UGC NET Result 2019 on Official Website ntanet.nic.in
Following are the documents necessary for filling up the application form for NEET 2019: Also Read - NEET 2019 Result: NTA Announces Scores on Official Website ntaneet.nic.in
1) Class X mark sheet/certificate.
2) Class XII mark sheet (not needed if the candidate is appearing for the exam this year.)
3) Scanned copy of candidate’s passport-size photograph.
4) Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
5) ID proof (issued by competent authority) like Aadhaar card or Voter ID card. Also Read - NEET 2019 Result: NTA to Announce Scores After 4 PM on Official Website ntaneet.nic.in, All You Need to Know
Note to candidates: The Supreme Court on September 26 had stated that the Aadhaar card with the unique identification number is not mandatory for any national entrance examination. Therefore, candidates are advised to provide a scanned copy of any other government-issued identity card which includes Voter ID and PAN Card.
The application fees for General or Other Backward Class (OBC) is Rs 1400 without late fee and Rs 2800 with a late fee. The fee for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handicapped (PH) without late fee is Rs 750.
Check below for important dates:
1) Submission of online application begins from November 1, 2018.
2) The last date for submitting online application without late fee is November 30, 2018.
3) The last date for the successful final transaction of application fee by credit card/ debit card is November 30, 2018.
4) The last date for the successful final transaction of application fee by e-challan is November 30, 2018.
5) Admit Cards should be updated on the official website on April 15, 2019.
6) Date of NEET 2019 is scheduled on May 5, 2019.
7) OMR Sheet will be displayed by the first week of June 2019.
8) Answer Key of the examination will be displayed by the first week of June 2019.
9) Results of NEET 2019 is scheduled to be declared on June 5, 2019.
Instead of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the NTA is conducting the NEET 2019 for the first time.
The NEET is conducted for admission to the undergraduate (UG) courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BNYS, BUMS, BSMS and BHMS. After the exam results are announced, a merit-list will be prepared by the NTA. Candidates will get admitted into various medical colleges under the Dental Council of India (DCI), Central Council for Indian Medicine (CCIM) and Medical Council of India (MCI) based on their merits.