Recently held RPMT was cancelled due to exam irregularities. RPMT re-test was held on last Sunday – July 27, 2014. RPMT 2014 re-test result was declared in the evening on July 31. Medical aspirants were quite buoyed by RPMT re-exam results. Students, who were not even in Top 100 in the last RPMT merit list, are now in Top 10. Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
Shivkumar Sharma from Dausa is the topper after the re-examination of Rajasthan Pre-Medical Test, while Rishabh Gupta from Jaipur is the second topper. Girl topper Purvaja Bhadauria secured the third rank in the overall merit list. Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour
There are six candidates from Jaipur in the final Top 10 RPMT merit list. These include: Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year
- Shiv Kumar, son of Jagdish Prasad, from Dausa
- Rishabh Gupta, son of Rajesh Gupta, from Jaipur
- Purvaja Bhadauria, daughter of Nagendra Singh Bhadauria, from Kota
- Vishakha Vashney, daughter of Vipin Kumar Vashney, from Jaipur
- Mrinal Chaudhary, daughter of P D Chaudhary, from Jaipur
- Divank Agrawal, son of Dinesh Agrawal, from Bharatpur
- Aditi Agrawal, son of Manoj Agrawal, from Jaipur
- Akshat Banga, son of Anil Kumar Banga, from Alwar
- Ayushi Jain, daughter of Ajay Jain, from Jaipur
- Priyam Ajmera, son of Manish Kumar Ajmera, from Jaipur
This year, Rajasthan Medical University had conducted RPMT online for the first time, without proper resources and deliberation. This had raised several issues at the time of and after the exam. 44,000 students had appeared for the RPMT 2014 exam which was conducted on May 28, 29 and 30. The exam was conducted online even though there were not enough computers for the candidates.
59 questions in the original RPMT 2014 question paper had wrong options. Hence, students were given bonus marks for those questions. Free marks created such a big issue that the RPMT exam had to be cancelled. The Rajasthan government had asked the Supreme Court to permit it to conduct the exams again. After hearing the case, Judge H L Dattu bench gave its permission to the state government.
Image Courtesy: Photos.com