Lucknow, Dec 9: The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government has sent a directive to all government, government-aided and private schools of all boards in the state to conduct singing competitions based on the ‘Bhagavad Gita’, a Hindu scripture. Further, on the basis of the results of these contests, a state-level contest will be conducted in the capital city Lucknow by the state secondary education department.
As per a PTI report, secondary education department, Uttar Pradesh, has asked joint directors of education of all the divisions to ensure that contests are organised at all schools in the state.
Venues for divisional level singing competition:
- Gorakhpur (for both Gorakhpur and Basti divisions)
- Faizabad (for both Faizabad and Devi Patan divisions)
- Varanasi (for Varanasi, Azamgarh and Mirzapur divisions)
- Jhansi (for Jhansi and Chitrakoot divisions)
- Agra (for Agra and Aligarh divisions)
- Meerut (for Meerut and Saharanpur divisions)
- Lucknow, Allahabad, Kanpur, Moradabad, and Bareilly.
According to an NDTV report, for a state-level event, which will be held later this month, the names of the singers or troupes will be shortlisted at the district and divisional levels from December 11 to 15. All the expenses incurred on students for this competition will be borne by the respective school authorities, as per the report.