New Delhi, Dec 23: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Tier I exams are scheduled from March 4 to 26, 2018. These exams are conducted throughout the country for recruitment in various central government departments for the posts of data entry operator, postal and sorting assistants, and lower division clerk (LDC).
According to a report in Hindustan Times, there are more than 3000 vacancies declared this year. The exam will be conducted in three parts.
- Exam will be conducted via online mode and will include objective type questions from four subjects – English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
- Exam will follow the offline mode and will include descriptive questions of 100 marks.
- The candidates will have to write an essay and a letter for the paper.
- The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes.
- The candidates can answer the paper in English or Hindi.
- The candidates will have to achieve a minimum of 33 per cent marks to clear the exam.
- These scores will also be used while preparing the merit list.
- Candidates who can clear the previous exams will be eligible to appear for this test.
- The test will include skill or typing exam and students can choose either Hindi or English for their language preference while applying.
- Candidates applying for the post of data entry operator for Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) of India office have to achieve a speed of 15,000 key depressions per hour on the speed test conducted using the computers.
According to the report, the 2016 exam cut off for students from General category in Tier – I exams was 127.50, Tier – II was 202.50. The cut off for various categories are different.