MBA is one of the most sought for Post Graduate qualifications. There are more than 3000 business schools that exist in India. However, only a handful of B-schools impart quality education to cultivate leadership and produce future managers. Admissions to most of these prestigious Business schools is conducted through entrance examinations. Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
Here is the list of top MBA colleges in India: Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad) is one of the most prestigious business schools in India. The institute is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. IIM-A was established in the year 1961. IIM-A offers Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management and Agri-Business Management, a Doctoral (Fellowship) Programme and a number of Executive Training Programmes.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta: IIM C is located in Kolkata (earlier Calcutta), West Bengal. IIM Calcutta is the oldest and the one of the best management colleges in India. IIM-C was founded in 1961 before IIM Ahemdabad. IIM Calcutta offers postgraduate, executive and doctoral programmes in management. IIM-C is also actively involved in research, consultancy, seminars, academic conferences and research publications on global level.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore: IIM Bangalore is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. The institute was established in the year 1973, the third IIM in a row. IIM C is famous for its Doctoral, Post Graduate programs and Executive training programs.
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI): XLRI is located in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. The institute was established in the year 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI). It is one of the oldest business schools in India. XLRI offers post graduate management programs in Business Management, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and also various doctoral fellow and executive education programs.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS): FMS is located in Delhi. The institute was founded in the year 1954. FMS is under the affiliation of the University of Delhi. The institute offers full-time and part-time management programs.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT): IIFT is an autonomous business school located in Delhi and Kolkata. The institute was established in the year 1963 by the Government of India (Ministry of Commerce and Industry). The management programs offered by institute solely focuses on country’s foreign trade management and increase exports.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM): SIMB is located in Pune , Maharashtra. It is a prestigious B-School of India recognized for its management programme. SIBM, Pune was established in the year 1978.
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow: IIM L was the fourth to be established in the row of all the Indian Institutes of Management. The institute was founded in the year 1984, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP). IIM Lucknow offers post-graduate diploma, fellowship and executive programs in management.
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore: IIM Indore (IIM-I) is located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Instituted was established in the year 1996. IIM Indore has been acting as a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry and government sector. IIM Indore is registered as a Society under Societies Registration Act, 1973.
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR): SPJIMR is a constituent of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, located in Mumbai. The institute is recognised as one of the premier business schools of India. The institute was established in the year 1938. The institute offers various post graduate management programs.
Image courtesy: Getty images Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year