There are numerous institutes in India which provides medical education. These are medical colleges which may be a stand-alone college or even a conglomerate one, to train doctors or training related to various aspects of medical care. All these institutes need to be recognized by the Medical Council of India. Here lies a list of top medical colleges in Mumbai: Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
- Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital: Seth G S Medical College and King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital is one of the forerunners among the institutes in Mumbai, providing medical education. Affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) Nashik, the institute has a consistent record of being the most prestigious medical institute.
- Topiwala National Medical College: Topiwala National Medical College is one of the premier medical colleges in Mumbai. Established in the year 1921, it is attached to the Bai Yamunabai Laxman (BYL) Nair Charitable hospital, an 1800-bed tertiary care center.
- Grant Medical College: Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals is a prestigious medical institute and is among the top medical colleges in this country.
- Padmashree Dr DY Patil Dental College and Hospital: Aging over two decades, this institute stand as one of the most reputed medical institutes in Mumbai. It provides a full time five years under graduate degree course in Medical Science.
- RA Podar Ayurved Medical College: Podar Ayurved Institute includes R.A.Podar Medical College and M.A.Podar Ayurvedic hospital. It is recognized as the best institute for Ayurved in India. The institute started conducting the graduation courses under the heading of DASF in the year 1942. In the year 1971 with CCIM’s permission BSAM course got started and the institute got affiliated to ‘University of Bombay’.
- Terna Medical College: Established in 1991, the college is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) Nashik and offers a full time five years under graduate degree course in Medical Science.
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical College: Established in 1992, the college is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) Nashik and managed by the Thane Municipal Corporation.
- Nair Hospital Dental College: Established in 1933, Nair Hospital Dental College is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and is recognized by Dental council of India (DCI). It offers 5 years full time MBBS course.
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College: It is commonly known as the Sion Hospital. Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (LTMMC) is a general municipal hospital that was started in 1947 with only 10 beds. Currently it has grown into multi-specialty hospital with more than 1,400 beds.
- KJ Somaiya Medical College: KJ Somaiya Medical College was established by Padmabhushan Late KJ Somaiya in 1959. It is an institution that is proud of its heritage and ideas served till date.
Candidates may also like to read: Top Medical Colleges in India 2014 Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year