UGC NET 2018: UGC NET 2018 examination will be held today, July 8. At least 22 centres have been set up in the national capital for which nearly 12,000 candidates are appearing. Only two papers will be conducted this year. The first paper (Paper I) will commence at 9:30 am and continue till 10:30 am while the second paper (Paper II) will begin at 11:00 am. It must be noted that candidates will not allowed to leave the examination hall between the two papers to be conducted. They will have to spend the half an hour, that is from 10:30 am to 11:00 am inside the exam hall itself only.
However, candidates will be allowed to enter the examination centres from 7 am in the morning itself. No candidates will be allowed inside once the paper begins. There are some last minute things that one must keep in mind before leaving for the UGC NET 2018 examination.
Points to be kept in mind:
- Candidates must remember to take a hard copy of their admit card without which they would not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must also remember to carry their original ID card with a photograph on it to the examination centre.
- Stringent frisking will be in accordance. Hence students reach the exam centre on time.
- Watch- either analog or digital, use of log tables and wearing any kind of jewelry is prohibited.
- Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices, bits of paper, books or note books etc. are not allowed in the examination room.
- Candidates must refrain from writing on either the admit card or the question paper.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the examination for the position of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowships. It must be noted that the pattern for this year’s UGC examination has changed, so students are requested not to panic but give their best shot.