By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.
UK Student Visa Update: An Average Of 3 Weeks To Approve; Here’s How To Avoid Delay In Process
UK Visa Update: With most countries finally getting rid of covid restrictions, travel abroad for leisure, work and education has soared and embassies have been struggling to keep up with the surge in
UK Visa Update: With most countries finally getting rid of covid restrictions, travel abroad for leisure, work and education has soared and embassies have been struggling to keep up with the surge in visa applications. The delay is causing massive inconvenience for both tourists and students business as it is taking almost over 3 weeks to process. Many have also taken to social media to express how the visa delay is affecting their assignments and commitments.
Previously, in responding to the current India-wide visa backlog, a spokesperson from the British High Commission in India gave assurances that they are working hard to shorten the processing time. “Indian students make up one of the UK’s largest groups of international students and Indian professionals are the top nationality in the skilled work category,” the spokesperson told Live Mint in an interview.
You may like to read
UK Student Visa: Here’s how you can avoid visa delays
Responding to these woes, the British High Commission in India suggested that in order to avoid delays students should apply for visas as soon as possible.
“If you can apply in July instead of August you should do this to avoid delays to your decision,” it tweeted.
⚠️⚠️ Student visas taking 3 weeks to process.
We recommend that you apply for your student visa as soon as possible. If you can apply in July instead of August you should do this to avoid delays to your decision. pic.twitter.com/vCQQLV5jSU
— UK in India🇬🇧🇮🇳 (@UKinIndia) July 11, 2022
Here’s how to apply for UK student visa
- You will need to apply up to six months in advance.
- Submit your biometrics and documents to visa application centre.
- Wait for a decision and collect your passport.
Documents required to apply for UK student visa
When you apply for your Student visa you must provide:
- Current passport or other valid travel documentation
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider
You may also need to provide:
- Proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
- A valid ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
your tuberculosis test results
- Written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months
If you’re under 18
If you’re under 18 you’ll need written consent from both parents or legal guardians (or one parent if they have sole responsibility). This must include their consent for:
- Your visa application
- Your living and care arrangements in the UK
your travel to the UK
- You’ll also need to provide a copy of your birth certificate (or another government issued document) that shows the names of your parents.