The University of Calcutta (CU) has called for applications the course of Doctor in Philosophy (Ph D) in Law offered at the Department of Law for the session 2014. All eligible and interested candidates need to apply before December 19, 2014. Also Read - Will Convert All State-Run Madrasas Into a General School: Assam Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma
Eligibility Also Read - Anything For Education: Goa Students Trek 3km Everyday to Reach Hilltop to Access Internet For Online Classes
Candidates applying for the Ph D programme in Law under the Department of Law, in Calcutta University; should have a master’s degree in Law. Also Read - Will You Send Your Kids to School If They Reopen in October? 71% Parents Say No; Reveals Survey
Applicants would be selected based on the performance in a written examination that is being conducted by the Department of Law, in Calcutta University. Candidates who crack the exam would be eventually called for viva voce. Applicants who have already passed JRF/ NET may/ may not appear for the written exam.
How to apply
- Candidates can apply online via the official website of the University of Calcutta.
- An application fee of Rs 100/- needs to be paid via a Cash Challan obtained from the cash counter, Hazra campus.
- Print out of the application form along with the fee challan need to be submitted at the office of the Department of Law Hazra Campus, C U; on any working day between 12.30 to 3.00 pm.
- Last Date for submitting application form: December 19, 2014.
- Tentative Date for the entrance test: December 21, 2014.
Candidates may click here to access the official website of the University of Calcutta.
Image Courtesy: Official Website