The university of Calcutta has begun its admission to master of law (LLM) course for the academic year 2014-2016. Admission to this full time two years post graduate degree course will happen through a written entrance exam. Also Read - Inspiring! Meerut Woman Who Left Home To Avoid Forced Marriage Returns As PCS Officer 7 Years Later
Eligibility: Also Read - Before Reporting For Duty, This Bengaluru Cop Teaches Children of Migrant Workers Everyday For An Hour
Interested candidates should have passed their B A LLB (Honors)/B A LLB/LLB (Honors)/LLB examination from any university recognized by the University of Calcutta. Also Read - Ready to Send Children Back to School? 78% Parents Say No, Willing to Let Kids Repeat An Academic Year
The written test will consist of 100 marks, 60 marks for multiple choice questions and 40 marks for a subjective test from the B A LLB syllabus of the university of Calcutta.
- Completed forms should be submitted to the Faculty of Law, 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata-700019 on or before August 14, 2014 against which the admit card will be issued on the same day.
- Fifty per cent of the total seats in the first year are reserved for B A LLB (Honors) candidates of this university and one seat is reserved for any other university B A LLB (Honors)/LLB (Honors) student (first class), on the basis of merit.
- Candidates whose names appear on the merit list must produce their final mark sheet at the time of admission. For the remaining seats an entrance examination will be conducted. No application form will be accepted by post/courier.
- Reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC and physically challenged candidates will be as per university rules. After the entrance test, the admission will be done through a merit list.
- The written test will be conducted on August 17, 2014 from 1p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Last date of application for this exam is August 14, 2014.
For further information please click here.
Image courtesy: Wikimedia commons